We’re pleased you’re visiting our new Website. Many thanks to the residents who entered our Photo Contest to supply us with some beautiful pictures of our neighborhoods. You can see more in our Photo Gallery.
Using the Navigation at the top and bottom of each page, or the Search Icon at the top of the page, we’re certain you will find everything you need. If not, send us a message.
Attention Townhome Owners
Next Monday (10/5) our vendor will be power washing all of the sidewalks.
We ask that you please remove all decorations from the front of your house by end of day Sunday
to ensure nothing gets wet, dirty, or destroyed.
The vendor is not responsible for any damage to decorations in the front of the townhomes.
It will just take one day, so everything can go back up on Tuesday.
Thanks for your help!
If you have any additional questions, please reach out to our community manager.
Home Halloween Decorating Contest
The Lake Sawyer South Fun Committee is excited to present our
2020 Home Halloween Decoration Contest!
To ensure you are judged on Sunday, October 25,
please send an email to LakeSawyerSouthNewsletter@gmail.com with your address.
The results will be sent out via eblast on the following Monday,
so everyone can “visit” these awesome houses!
Please read all the gory details below.
Categories and Prizes:
- Best Overall – $40 Publix Gift Card
- Best Single Family Home – $20 Publix Gift Card
- Best Townhome – $20 Publix Gift Card
- Scariest – $20 Publix Gift Card
- A home can only win in one category.
- Judging will take place on Sunday, October 25th in the late afternoon/evening.
- Decorations must be visible from the street. Judges will view the porch and yard decorations from their vehicles.
- The judges will individually drive through the neighborhood to find porches to judge. To guarantee your house is scored by each judge, please email LakeSawyerSouthNewsletter@gmail.com by Friday, October 23.
- Each judge will have their own scorecard and points will be combined and averaged to select the winners. A home must be judged by at least 3 separate judges to be considered for a prize.
- Winners will be announced via an eblast. A reusable sign saying the award they won will be placed in their front yard. There will also be prizes valued at $20-$40 given to the award winners that will be dropped off to their front porch.
- If you have any additional questions, please reach out to the Fun Committee at LakeSawyerSouthNewsletter@gmail.com.
Score values for all homes: 50 points available
- Halloween themed – 20 points (how Halloween is it?)
- Use of Space – 10 points (how did the homeowner use the space?)
- Originality – 10 points (how unique is it compared to other homes?)
- Details – 10 points (how much time do you (judge) want to spend looking at the decorations?)
Scary category values: 20 points available
- Scary – 20 points (how scary is it?)
Please note “Upcoming Events” on this page, outlining all upcoming Budget Workshops, ARB Meetings,
Board Budget Meeting and Annual Membership Meeting.
All these will be held at our Pool.
Amenities Survey Results
IMPORTANT MESSAGES FROM
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
I hope that this update finds you and your families in good health and continuing to adjust to the “new normal” which is certainly not easy by any means. As we all know change can be frustrating, however with time it always seems to work itself out for the best.
I am very thankful to my fellow Board members who along with me participated in numerous webinars comprised of Insurance Agents, Legal Counsels, Community Management Companies, and CDC (Federal) in order to gain a better understanding of the situation and how we could proceed with our management of the amenities.
As a result of those webinars and the recent lifting of restrictions by Federal, State, and County Government we are ready to get back on track. With that said I am very happy to announce that the pool and playground are open.
There will be guidelines in place as part of the reopening that will be in effect until future notice. A copy has been linked to this update for all resident’s review.
Residents (neighbors) this is where you will play a large part in the opening and I am confident that we can count on all of you. In order to maintain the opening, we all need to police ourselves and not be afraid to speak up if guidelines are not being followed by others that could jeopardize the health, safety, and welfare of others. Please do not hesitate to contact the OCSO 311, as they have been notified of our scheduled reopening and will assist as needed.
Some other changes that have taken place as part of the reopening process but not part of the posted guidelines are as follows until further notice:
- All pool furniture will be stacked and secured with the exception of tables at the shade umbrellas (this includes loungers and chairs)
- The tables located between the short wall and clubhouse will remain and have four chairs per table to be used (shared) by residents choosing to have lunch or snacks. Chairs will be prohibited to relocate to another table thus increasing a count to exceed four maximum. Please be considerate of other guests and limit your lunch or snack consumption times to a minimum so other residents can enjoy the same opportunity. Tables are not permitted to be used for storage of pool toys, towels, coolers, or other items not associated with food consumption.
- Residents may provide their own beach chairs until further notice however they must be removed each day. Any chairs or other furniture left at the end of the day will be disposed of by the pool service company prior to opening the next day.
- Putting green will remain open however all flagsticks will be removed until further notice.
- Residents may be required to exit the pool area if the pool service vendor is on-site providing routine cleaning of the pool and restrooms based on current restrictions placed on the vendor by the County Government.
- In closing please understand that in the event that the guidelines are not followed the Board of Directors will have no choice but to close the amenities immediately until further notice. Naturally, we all want to avoid that so let’s all work together and make this reopening a success.
- At the present time, the basketball court and tennis court will remain closed for ongoing repairs and additional construction.
Thank you to each and every one of you for your continued patience and understanding during what has been a rough time trying to manage something that continued to change on a daily basis.
President / Board of Directors
Lake Sawyer South
Attention Homeowners in the Lake Sawyer South Community Association
(Berkshire Park, Berkshire Place, Enclave at Berkshire Park and The Reserve at Berkshire Park).
Please read this revised Covenant Enforcement Resolution and Policy statement from your Board of Directors. It outlines the Notice process and legal steps which will be taken if violations are not remedied.
This policy is in accordance with the Association’s governing documents and Florida statutes.
Our HOA members have voted and approved a series of revisions to 9 Amendments which may affect you and your home.
PLEASE CLICK HERE to see the updated amendments regarding:
- Association’s employment of individuals or companies
- Working Capital
- Rental Restrictions
- Walls, Fences, Hedges and Hurricane Panels
- Approved Builders
- Basketball Goals and Equipment
- Trash Containers and Collection
Board of Directors
Lake Sawyer South Community Association
Do You Use Gmail?
Sometimes, Gmail thinks our messages are “junk”, “spam” or “promotions.”
Even though they are not.
We’re actively working from our end, to try to resolve this, with a lot of backend gyrations.
What can you do?
One thing you can try is to move our newsletters from the “junk” or “Promotions” tab into your Inbox. Maybe Gmail will take a hint.
Or, you can find our newsletters right here on our website. Just CLICK HERE and bookmark our Newsletter page.
But we won’t stop trying to get the word out. Thank you for your patience.
Landlords & Tenants
All owners leasing property need to provide the Association with a mailing address to receive official correspondence. Owners remain responsible for any covenants or architectural violations and are encouraged to provide copies of relevant documents to tenants.
Header Photo: Contest Winner, Paul LaRosa