The Lake Sawyer South Fun Committee is excited to present our 2021 Home Halloween Decoration Contest!
The Lake Sawyer South Fun Committee is excited to present our
2021 Home Halloween Decoration Contest!
To ensure you are judged on Sunday, October 24, please send an email to
LakeSawyerSouthNewsletter@gmail.com with your address.
The results will be sent out via eblast on the following Monday so everyone can “visit” these awesome homes!
Please read all the gory details below.
Categories and Prizes:
• Best Overall – $40 Publix Gift Card + yard sign
• Best Single Family Home – $20 Publix Gift Card + yard sign
• Best Townhome – $20 Publix Gift Card + yard sign
• Scariest – $20 Publix Gift Card + yard sign
• A home can only win in one category.
• To guarantee being judged in the competition,
you must email LakeSawyerSouthNewsletter@gmail.com
with your address by end of the day, Thursday, October 21st.
• If you do not email, you can still earn a spot as we will be doing preliminary judging
on Friday, October 22, and Saturday, October 23 to narrow down the list to around 20 homes.
>> If more than 20 homes email, we will judge all the homes that send in an email.
>> If you do not send an email,
we can not guarantee your home will be included in the competition.
• Final judging will take place on Sunday, October 24th in the late afternoon/evening.
• Decorations must be visible from the street.
• Judges will view the porch and yard decorations from their vehicles.
• Each judge will have their own scorecard and points will be combined and averaged to select the winners.
A home must be judged by at least 3 separate judges to be considered for a prize.
• Winners will be announced via an eblast and a front-yard sign of their award.
There will also be prizes valued from $20-$40 given to the award winners.
• We will coordinate with the award winners to get the gift cards delivered.
•We reserve the right to make any necessary changes to the rules last minute.
• If you have any additional questions,
please reach out to the Fun Committee at LakeSawyerSouthNewsletter@gmail.com.
Score values for all homes: 50 points available
1. Halloween Design – 20 points (how much did you enjoy the Halloween design?)
2. Originality – 10 points (how unique is it compared to other homes?)
3. Theme – 10 points (is there a consistent theme with details?)
4. Interaction- 10 points (is there movement, changing lights, or noise?)
This score is only used for the Scariest Award,
in addition to the 50 points available above.
1. Scary – 20 points (how scary is it?)