Many owners in our community are having warranty work being done by Pulte. Recently, several received notification from Pulte that they will not be permitted to change their paint colors moving forward. This is because several residents did not follow the community guidelines or Pulte’s direction to get ARB approval prior to painting. ARB approval is required, even if you are repainting the same color. One of our ARB committee leads, Jeff Gavrich, contacted Pulte on behalf of some owners. Pulte will review requests on a case-by-case basis, but the ARB is going to need your help to keep the option to repaint a viable choice.
1) Please submit your ARB Application as soon as possible. There are restrictions on colors (neighbor has same color, for example). First come, first served. If you change the color, keep in mind that Pulte will not paint the front door, shutters, porch ceilings, porch floor, and garage door (though most have paid the painters a little extra).
2) Submit your ARB Approval letter to Pulte. Failure to do this will result in Pulte rejecting your request for a different paint scheme.
3) If you procrastinate and do not like what Pulte chooses for your paint, you may be presented with an option to postpone your repairs… and wait 6-8+ months for the next opening in Pulte’s production schedule. If work is underway, you will probably get the original color.
4) Pulte is only obligated to use the original paint scheme. Be polite. Be cooperative. Communicate appropriately and you may get what you desire.
ARB Application must include:
1) Paint Scheme Number and Paint Codes with your Application, even if you are repainting in the original Paint Scheme
2) Picture or drawing of where various paint colors will be applied
3) Phone number and Email address
4) Start date for your home’s stucco repairs!
The ARB Application and Paint Schemes are on the LSS website:
You must directly contact Pulte’s Steven Ashley and Jennie Shannon and comply with all aspects of their process: